SD Flash Doctor - the ultimate solution for Flash Data Recovery
- About SD Flash Doctor
- SD Flash Doctor Suite
- Main Principles and Features of Flash Doctor
- SD Flash Doctor Hardware
- SD Flash Doctor Software
- How Flash Doctor Keeps You Staying Ahead
- Support List of SD Flash Doctor
- Video tutorial on SD Flash Doctor
- Free flash data recovery service program
More details about Flash Data Recovery Doctor,please kindly visit our new site: http://flashdoctor.salvationdata.com
SD Flash Doctor – Complete Stand-Alone Software-Hardware Complex
SD Flash Doctor is a professional tool for flash data recovery from damaged flash media (both physical and logical problems). This is an advanced stand-alone flash data recovery kit contains hardware and software: the hardware helps to access the flash chip contains user data despite of damaged controller or any other front ends (PCB, etc.) using non-standard interface and command, and then extract all the data as an image; the software works on this image and helps to rebuild the data which is doomed to be corrupted because of the "Data Mix" technology used by the manufacturers, Flash Data Recovery Doctor uses unique algorithm which removes the data mix with no need to know/use/emulate/analyze the controller. That’s to say, Flash Data Recovery Doctor "removes" the data mix directly. Amazing? Please read on.
Flash Doctor supports all NAND-based flash storage devices (SD, SM, MMC, XD, USB Pendrive, MemoryStick, CompactFlash etc.), with damaged controller or any other front ends (PCB, etc.) since Flash Data Recovery Doctor needs to work on the flash memory only when users carry out Flash Data Recovery.
Flash Doctor Hardware – Flash Reader
Basically, flash storage devices are made up by two major parts: the front end (mainly the controller chip and the PCB) and the flash memory chip. PCB ensures the proper functioning of the device and it seldom damages itself; Controller chip for the flash device is more like the SA for the hard drive, it is responsible for the "Data Mix" and defect list (where the user data should/shouldn’t be written/read among the pages of the memory chips) and some other functions like BIOS; Memory chips are only used for user data storage, where the files and file system are stored.
Just like SA of the hard drive, the controller chip operates each time the users plug their flash devices, so it is also the reason that causes flash devices problems, cases are controller chip damaged or burnt, content corruption, etc., which make the access to the contents of the flash memory chips impossible by the standard interface realized by the original front end. SD Flash Data Recovery Doctor contains specialized hardware, the Flash Reader, for unsoldering memory chips and reading their raw data using its NAND-friendly adaptor.
Unlike existing similar flash data recovery products, SD Flash Data Recovery Doctor uses separated design for its flash reader: the flash adaptor is separated from the main console, which makes the adaptor add-on and replacement possible. Users do not need to purchase another console when we upgrade the flash chip support; it saves the users a lot.
Flash Doctor Software – File Structure Emulator
What other flash products do for Flash Recovery?
From the above, we have already known that the controller chip is responsible for the order data is spread among the memory chips (known as data mix); therefore those existing similar flash data recovery products are doing in the following way: to set the data to readable format (rebuild) by emulating controller actions. It’s a reasonable way of solution because when the data order was restored, then of course it is possible to proceed flash data recovery since the controller is "virtually repaired".
What’re the disadvantages?
In order to emulate controller actions, those flash data recovery tools manufacturers have to dig into every controller they want to add flash data recovery support to, this causes two problems:
1. Flash data recovery in such a way takes time to add the controller support since the analysis towards the controllers is not to be done very fast; what’s more, there are more than a thousand of controller types, not to mention that there will be different contents even for the same type of controller. So it will be very limited support and very slow in the upgrade for such kind of flash data recovery tools.
2. Sometimes the result of the flash data recovery carried out in such way was not correct, or even data can’t be recovered by the means of emulation by controller types. Like we said, there will be different contents even for the same type of controller caused by different manufacturers or production dates.
How does SD Flash Doctor Software get rid of the "data mix" and rebuild the files?
Flash Data Recovery Doctor File Structure Emulator removes the "data mix" by analyzing the logical links among the data spread in the blocks. We know that because of the data mix, files are not stored linearly on the pages but in a dynamic unknown order decided by the "wear-leveling" algorithm running in the controller chip; without the controller, the files are corrupted because we don’t know the spread order. The Flash Data Recovery Doctor Software, File Structure Emulator, with the unique algorithm, is able to chase the internal logical links of the spread data by analyzing the file information and rebuild the entire file; this "rebuild" is not realized by emulating the controller action.
What’re the advantages?
We do not need to deal with the controllers, but the flash chips only; this allows the users to:
1. Much easier and direct in flash data recovery, just do it in one two three: one, unsolder the flash chip; two, read the raw data; and three, chase and rebuild the data.
2. Without the born-limit of the controller emulating means, Flash Data Recovery Doctor supports all NAND flashes in its birthday, despite of what kind of controller they use.
Automatic and manual modes
Each of the flash chips has its own data order arranged by the controller, therefore the channel of the internal logical links of the files are different. SD Flash Data Recovery Doctor File Structure Emulator analyzes and chases the internal links in real time automatically and shows the settings and parameters used; users are allowed to review the result of the rebuilding quick and safe in the software without influencing the raw data, so that users can decide what to do next.
Moreover, if the internal links can’t be worked out via Automatic Mode, the File Structure Emulator allows users to try to analyze and chase the internal links via Manual Mode, by setting the flash chip parameters, analysis mode and chase parameters then applying them to the raw data read by the Flash Reader.
Database with Controller "Data mixes"? Well, we DO NOT need that because we use our unique algorithm to rebuild the data directly from the flash chip, controller-independent.
SD Flash Doctor SUITE
- SD Flash Data Recovery Doctor hardware, including:
Stand-alone NAND Adaptor (adaptors for other flash microchips to be added on soon)
Central Processing Console (USB Flash Reader)
- SD Flash Data Recovery Doctor software
- Console-PC USB cable
- User manual with data recovery case studies.
MAIN PRINCIPLES AND FEATURES OF FLASH DATA RECOVERY FROM THE FLASH STORAGE DEVICES
How to Perform Flash Data Recovery Using SD Flash Doctor
If the flash storage device generates the following problems:
1. Logical problems, such as file system damaged and file deleted.
2. Bad blocks in flash chip; in such case, the flash device can be detected in your system but isn’t working properly or its status is unstable.
3. Device can’t be detected in your system at all.
4. The flash device can be detected and accessed smoothly, but all data read out is meaningless.
By performing the next steps with the help of SD Flash Doctor kit, it can help you to get the data from it.
1. Unsolder all flash memory chips (if multiple-chips applied) of the device using the soldering station and necessary toolkit.
2. Extract raw data as one file from all flash memory chips (one for each, if multiple-chips applied) with SD Flash Doctor hardware, the Flash Reader.
3. Import all raw data files (if multiple-chips applied) to the Flash Doctor Software, the File Structure Emulator, for analysis operation. In Automatic Mode, utility will automatically do all operations to recover the data, no setting needed at all. If the utility cannot build any suitable file structure model automatically using the algorithm, you can activate the Manual Mode, which allows you to adjust and set all the parameters for the rebuilding process and recover the data by trial and error.
4. Browse the file tree, save files you need to a new location.
For a better understanding, users may see our video tutorial on Flash Doctor (will be available very soon)