Q 1. How to restore a deleted SQL database?
Q 2. Can I restore a lost database in SQL Server without a backup?
These are two of the most common questions that most MS SQL Server administrators would ask.
Not having a database backup is a huge disaster when the SQL administrator deleted or lost the SQL Server database and was unable to access SQL. Here SalvationDATA has found two effective methods that you can use to restore lost or deleted SQL databases without backup using SQL recovery software (automately)or manually.
Undelete SQL Database without Backup
——by using SalvationDATA Database Forensics System
DBR for SQL Server is an efficient and powerful SQL Server database repair tool that can recover corrupted, damaged or inaccessible SQL Server databases, including database tables, views, functions, stored procedures, and triggers. In addition to repairing the database, it can also scan and recover deleted data in the database.
First, Scan and restore deleted database file.
SalvationDATA DBR for SQL Server supports full scanning of your SQL Server hard drive on local computer and recovery of deleted database file - MDF or NDF files in 3 steps:
Step 1. Select a location to start searching for data.
Step 2. Scan your partition where you will save the SQL Server database file.
Step 3. Preview and restore the deleted database file.
Next, Restore the database file on SQL Server
After restoring the MDF or NDF SQL database files, you can import them back into your database to see if you can run the server or not.
If so, congratulations!
If not, don't worry. The database file found may be damaged. Don't worry even if the MDF or NDF database file is damaged.
Besides, there is another option if it doesn't work with your case.
SalvationDATA DBF6300 as an overall function database tool specifically developed for database Experts can help you recover not only deleted records such as tables, queries, procedures but repair damaged MDF or NDF database files with the deleted contents in just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Select the damaged database to restore
Start SalvationDATA DBF6300.
Select the damaged database file by clicking "Browse" (the two dots) or "Find".
After selecting the file, click the Repair button to start the analysis process.
Note: To use this software, you must stop the SQL Server service.
Step 2: Repair the damaged database
The software displays all recoverable items in a tree-like structure. The items are displayed in a left pane.
Select the component you want to restore. Click the "Export" button in the window.
Step 3: Export to the database or as scripts
Choose whether to export the database objects to the database or export the items as scripts
If you chose Export to Database, fill in the required information and select the target database.
After restoring and repairing the database, you can save the database file back to the SQL Server as MDF / NDF. Then you should be able to access the SQL database and run this powerful server to get your business back to work.
Manual methods to restore SQL database without backup
If you are experienced with SQL Server commands, you can try the commands below to restore the deleted SQL database:
Note: This manual way can only be carried out within Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
In addition, You can also run MS SQL Server Management Studio in your system and follow the steps below to restore the deleted SQL database:
Step 1. Go to the toolbar and click the "New Query" button.
Step 2. On a new query page, enter the following SQL command:
EXEC sp_resetstatus [DATABASE_NAME];
SET ALTER DATABASE [DATABASE_NAME] EMERGENCY
DBCC CHECKDB ([DATABASE_NAME])
ALTER DATABASE [DATABASE_NAME] SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
DBCC DATABASE ([DATABASE_NAME], REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
ALTER DATABASE [DATABASE_NAME] SET MULTI_USER
Step 3. Click "Run" to start the recovery process.
Wait patiently for the process to complete. The longer the process takes, the greater the damage to the server in the database.
So, if the process doesn't work well, you still need to turn to an automated method or SQL repair tool for help.
Tip: Make regular backups of the MS SQL Server database
Using the above methods, you can repair and restore the deleted SQL database. However, this is pretty much not enough.
As a savvy SQL administrator, you should always plan to back up your SQL database regularly. You can choose either a manual route or automated SQL Server backup software for help.
If you haven't chosen SQL backup software to protect your database, you can try SalvationDATA DBF6300 for overall functions, which supports manual and automatic backup of SQL databases. Or, apply for a free download with DBR for SQLite first!
The latest update of VIP 2.0 (Video Investigation Portable) is released now!
V126.96.36.1993 Version upgrade instructions:
1.Added Walsh, Ezviz, xinhanshi, keshian and huiershi file system
2. Optimized NVR analysis of glass particle, Zhiteng and Yushi technology
3. Optimized the saving method of video files, and store the saved video files and corresponding verification files respectively
4. Optimized the filtering of video retrieval objects and cancel the upper limit of displaying up to 99 retrieval results
5. Optimized the scan result list and support inverse selection
6. Optimized disk imaging
7. Optimized batch transcoding tools and increase the upper limit of simultaneous transcoding
8. Supported closing the video service after closing the program
9. Supported the selection of mapped network disk path
10. Optimized search tools
11. Compatible with 2k and 4K resolution display
The latest update of SPF Pro (SmartPhone Forensic System) is released now!
V6.115.2 Version upgrade instructions:
1. Added OPPO dual APPs data extraction, allow manually setup WIFI
2. Optimized the scheme of copying media files for Android phones to improve the process speed of forensics
3. Added the maintenance entry of “material information” during the process of extraction
4. Optimized automatic extraction of Huawei mobile phone, supporting backup parsing to the latest version (188.8.131.520)
5. Supported HarmonyOS data backup and parsing
6. Updated some plug-ins
Android: UC Browser, Quark; iOS: AKeyChat, Quark
7. Added APPs search
8. Added plug-in online upgrade function
9. Bug fixed
Recently, Huawei announced that they plan to officially launch the long-awaited Harmony OS on June 2nd, by holding a product launch event.
Before then, the operating system, which has only been used in products such as smart screens and wearable devices.
Soon after the event, it’s expected to be used in more product categories including cellphones.
Besides, they also released a video of the startup of the Harmony mobile OS on Weibo on May 27th.
Due to chasing the most cutting-edge tech on mobile forensics, we made every efforts to obtain the qualification of the internal test long before so that we made great progress in advance for the upgrade of SPF Pro.
SalvationDATA began to pay close attention to HarmonyOS at the very beginning of its emergence. Until now, we have obtained a preliminary technical breakthrough and we’re proud to say we’re capable of data extraction from devices that run HarmonyOS!
After integrating the technology into Smartphone Forensics System（SPF Pro), it’ll officially meet with you guys in the next updated version (the new version is expected to be released on June 5th).
SPF Pro is able to support the extraction and forensics investigation of normal data and deleted data of mobile phones equipped with HarmonyOS, including data of mobile phones themselves and data of third-party applications.
The existing commonly used third-party applications are also supported, including but not limited to: QQ, WeChat, Yidui, Momo, Sina Weibo, QQ mailbox, Lianxin, Tantan, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and other mainstream apps.
Customers who want to be the first to experience HarmonyOS smartphone forensics could download the next version of SPF Pro from our official website after the release on June 5.
The latest update of DBF 6300 (Database Forensic Analysis System) is released now!
V6.113 Version upgrade instructions:
1. Added online database for Oracle, PostgreSQL, support data parsing, analyzing and exporting
2. Added file mode for CSV parsing, support CSV document parsing, analyzing, and exporting
3. New online database collection tool, support MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL database online collection
4. Rebuilt hierarchical analysis, added relationship chain marking, filtering deleted data, and improve the processing capacity of million-level hierarchical analysis
5. Added functions of identification and conversion of special data for data statistical analysis (PRC Resident ID card, currency rate, etc.) and real-time editing of map data
6. Added advanced query for filtering deleted data
7. Bug fixed
The latest update of SPF Pro (SmartPhone Forensic System Professional) is released now!
V6.113 Version upgrade instructions:
1. Optimized the automatic extraction of Huawei. Improved the backup speed, support to the latest HiSuite version backup analysis.
2. Optimized the OPPO automatic extraction and backup tool. Improved the backup speed, allow users to try to continue the backup in the event of a backup failure, and improved stability.
3. Optimized the automatic extraction of vivo. Solved the problem that some mobile phones cannot extract data from some third-party apps.
4. Added “default iTunes backup password” setting, no need to manually enter when extracting.
5. Added “Calculate MD5 value of file when extracting file” setting, support export to report.
6. Optimized the analysis of iOS WeChat. Added group nickname, group joining method, and WeChat favorites data analysis.
7. Upgraded the “photo/screenshot” function. Support to save screenshots and photos to a custom node, and synchronize to the extraction results.
8. Updated some plugins:
Android: Skype(Intl), Line, ArticleNews, KakaoTalk, NinthChat, OperaBrowser, OutlookMail, Snapchat, Whatsapp, XiaoMiBrowser
As an integrated digital forensics & forensic data recovery solution provider, would never stop satisfying clients by keeping updated its software. Here we are excited to announce that newest version of DRS (Data Recovery System) is releasing today!
Let’s have a look what new features have been added to this all-in-one forensic data recovery tool:
1. Physical diagnostics is now available for all drives attached to the DRS hardware unit and your PC. Quick Diagnostics, Scan Bad Sector and Sector View are all accessible for drives plugged to the hardware unit or not.
2. New file system support: CDFS, UDF, F2FS are now supported for analysis (CDFS & UDF not supported for Pattern Scan).
3. New image format support: VHD, VHDX.
4. New search options: folder name search and time search. Allow users to search for folders with certain keywords or specify a certain time period to narrow down their search.
5. New feature in Disk Imaging: large disk image to small disk.
6. New feature in Hash Calculator: Hash calculation for physical drives.
7. New feature in imaging report: authentication of forensic image.
8. Multiple bugs fixed.
Click HERE to learn more about DRS.