A C D E F G H I K M N O P R S T U W
- how to peep out SN if after Autoconfig simply SN is not exist ?
If no SN is detected, there should be corrupted firmware. Overwritting a donor ATA module would usually solve such problems.
- How to remove password of HDD?
In our program,
there is a function of “Remove Password?in “Other Operations?tab, and
you just need to click the button to remove the password. Generally,
the function takes ...
- How to add the defects of HDD to P-list, by adding to P-list after total scan or just by self-scan?
You can run defect
scan first, and take further action depends on the number of defects.
If there are just a few defects, you can directly add ...
- Here is a HDD with good modules and tracks. It is very slow to be detected and no LBA is recognized. How to repair it?
is mainly caused by corrupted modules of firmware that the LBA is not
recognized. Recover the corrupted modules will make the HDD come to
- How to respond to HDD Rebuild failure?
Rebuild failure may caused by the following: errors in the key modules,
you need to recover the error modules first; or the G-list or P-list
has been ...
- How long will it take to run self-scan and how to make sure it is complete?
it will take 5-8 hours to run self-scan for 40GB HDD. And the time will
increase with the capacity increasing. There is a real-time status bar
- How to make firmware of 20G HDD from 40G HDD?
First make backup
of all the firmware modules and ROM. Then depop a head, remaining #0.
At the same time, manually modify the model and LBA to ...
- Here is a WD400BB-00DKA0 HDD, which is recognized but Module 21, Module 22, Module 25, Module 26, Module 29, Module 2D and Module 44 are detected error. The program reports error when performing HDD Rebuild. I directly reset the power and the HDD get unrecognized. What should I do in this situation?
key modules are corrupted, the HDD Rebuild can’t be successful to run.
In such case, you should first restore the corrupted modules. In your
situation, if the ...
- How to depop head for WD HDD?
Sometimes when the
heads are corrupted, the drive will click or there will be many
defective sectors. In such case, we need to depop the malfunction head
- How to operate HOT SWAP PCB?
you should find an identical donor hard drive(by identical, I mean the
donor drive must have the same model number, at least first 3 digits of
- How to know whether self-scan completes or not?
You can click “Start Monitoring?to monitor the flow of self-scan. The self-scan completes once the flow is done.
- How to know whether the firmware is good or not?
In our program, there
is a function of firmware defect scan. You just need click the button,
and then the program will automatically scan all the modules ...
- How to repair the HDD that clicks because of firmware corruption?
Set the HDD in safe
mode and boot the HDD to scan the corrupted modules, and then upload
backup/donor modules to recover them or low-level format SA ...
- How to tell 1V series from 1B series for SA-C boot file of 6Y series HD?
the reciprocal third number of CODE number, we can easily tell 1V
series from 1B one. For example, the HDD with CODE of YAR41BWO belongs
to 1B ...
- How to choose SA-C boot file for 6Y series HDD?
For 6Y series, SA-C boot file is universal, so you can choose any common SA-C boot file.
- How to recover bad sector of SA?
First carry out
defect scan to the SA. If there are within 51 defects, directly add
defects to U-list; if there are above 51 defects, try to ...
- How to low-level format SA-C?
It is the same with low-level format SA-A, but it’s not recommended, as it will easily make HDD to be read-only.
- How to operate HOT SWAP PCB?
find a good identical HDD and connect it to the console. Launch the
program, and then stop the spindle motor only. Remove PCB with power on
- How to repair read-only HDD?
Read-only problem can be caused by two reasons: Head or FW
First try to boot the HDD into SA and load a corresponding RAM
file after ...
- How to Disable Head 0 in U6 Seagate.
You can't disable Head 0 for U6 drives.
- How to Restore Head in U6 series Seagate.mistakely click on head oparations submit.
You can just try to recover the original numbers of head( Define number of heads).
- Hi how to upload modules in U6,when i backup some modules shows error.
if there are corrupted modules, you have to find a donor firmware to recover them.
- How to know PCBA version by firmware version for Barracuda 7200.7?
You can easily know PCBA
version by firmware version for some HDD. Firmware version 3.06
corresponds PCBA version M14 and it is the same for 3.04 and ...
- How to find the matching ATA module in the case of ATA module missing?
the version of CERT and ROM of the HDD missing ATA module by E1 command
in CMD mode and upload ATA module from a HDD with ...
- How to view head number in CMD mode?
??in CMD mode, you will get the number of head by the value of MxHd.
Head number equals to MxHd+1. For example, there are two heads ...
- How to do get the head in alignment on WD-drives that fixes the headstack with the disk cover?
For manipulation of HPE PRO, please refer to the video in the CD in the product package.